National Apprenticeship Week Ruby's Apprenticeship Journey
For National Apprenticeship Week 2024 we wanted to share our individual Apprenticeship experiences as an insight in to the different ways Apprenticeships can impact a role. Whether it's doing an apprenticeship ourselves, supporting apprentice's within the business or supporting training providers to find the right people to support their apprentice's, we've covered them all.
Ruby's Apprenticeship Journey
Before joining Educated Appointments in September 2022, my only exposure to Apprenticeships was through my sister, having recently completed a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship within a retail role.
- When I left school I was unsure on what I wanted to do career wise, I went to college where I gained 3 A-Levels, Media, Art and Textiles, still not knowing what my next step was. I left college, working a part time role in retail and began my search.
- I knew an Apprenticeship was one of my options and I liked the idea of learning whilst working, potentially within an industry that I had no prior experience within. I applied for a "Recruitment Resourcer" Level 2 Apprenticeship with Educated Appointments with no experience and very basic knowledge of recruitment (purely based off my own experience with recruiters). I have now been with the team for 16 months, and to say I don't remember a time where recruitment was just an "option" would be an understatement.
- I have since then completed my Recruitment Resourcer Level 2 Apprenticeship with a Distinction grade and have just started my Recruitment Consultant Level 3 Apprenticeship with Educated Appointments.
- So what is it like? From someone who had no experience within a recruitment role or knowledge around the sector (both Recruitment or Further Education), as you can imagine it was a lot to take in. However having the internal support from both Joe and Kris alongside the knowledge and skills I have gained from my apprenticeships and training provider has allowed me to develop my confidence massively. I have found the balance between my day-to-day role and apprenticeship support has allowed me to further my skill set and knowledge around recruitment and has been a great way into a new industry, that before seemed unachievable. I was able to use my apprenticeship learning within areas of my role to help me fully understand processes and procedures that led to positive outcome.
- Recruitment can be a tricky industry, with constant changes, both positive and negative, having the understanding of how to deal with different scenarios through my apprenticeships has helped me along the way.
- Would I recommend an Apprenticeship? Absolutely, I wouldn't be as confident and knowledgable as I am today without it!
Sometimes its just easier to talk
Book a 15 min intro chat with an expert today